volcano.

by - veljače 15, 2019

Dear Kitty,
I don’t feel well tonight. It’s not the first time I’ve felt like this and frankly, it won’t be the last. I’m not good. There’s no point in trying to cover it up. I’m human, a human volcano. I don’t know when I’m going to explode. I find that it is scarier than the actual volcano. Because the pain is inside. The lava that bursts from the natural volcano kills you in the snap of a finger. The lava that is built up inside me slowly kills me. But I don’t let it. I cry. Funny how tears look like water but burn like fire. And like each fire does, it doesn’t give you space to breathe. It takes the oxygen away from you. Yes, the lava comes out, but I don’t die. My cheeks swell up and flush with blood, burn a little bit, but that’s it. Because I’m strong. Even though I can feel them from head to toe, I’ll never let me beat myself. 
I’m happy one second and miserable the other. My heart often feels like it wants to jump out from all the pain.. and just break. But Kitty, I’ve managed to keep it in. There’s no pill that can stop your heart from hurting but I fight with my pain. Even though it sometimes builds up. For that, Kitty, I have my trustworthy pillow. It’s soft, from one of those TopShop brands you see on TV. Funny how we all fall for their ads. It works really well. It absorbs each and every tear that drops and makes them less painful. I have one night of turning into a human volcano and my pillow helps me through it. As dumb as it sounds, sometimes nobody understands and the best shoulder for you to cry on is actually yours. Even if you can’t reach it, you have your pillow. Often I fall asleep with my face scarred from all the tears. I wake up and I look in the mirror, smiling, knowing whatever I went through last night didn’t tip me over. And it never will Kitty. Because I won’t let it. But? How do I explain this pain building up inside me? It’s almost like my body is getting weaker and weaker by every thought it produces, making me overthink.. and eventually cry. Silly little tears. Once I explode I can’t feel my organs. Even if I tried to, I can’t explain how much these tears, little to you but enormous for my pain, cause so much of my body to stop functioning. You can’t understand it if you haven’t had any painful night like mine. You can try, but nothing can explain pain but pain itself. I hope you never experience it. I hope you never experience the burning tingles going through your body as your eyes let out more and more pain in the form of tears. So what’s the point of it all? I still ask myself. Why do I experience this much pain? And you ask me who hurt me.. The worst thing is that I did, and I don’t know how to stop. You can’t really stop me, can you? Sometimes your inner demons are more powerful than all of the angels floating above you. But I know, one day, I’ll wake up completely happy. Not one burden on my shoulder, not a rock on my back. Just a floating little fairy. Until then, Kitty, I’ll continue to let it out. Only strong people are brave enough to show their vulnerability. So here I am, showing it. Is it any clearer to you now?

Thank you for listening to me, Kitty. You really let this weight go off my shoulders. I guess I don’t have to resort to the pillow too much anymore. I have you too.

You May Also Like

0 komentari